What is Oral, Dental and Maxillofacial Surgery?
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Faculty of Dentistry is a department of clinical sciences. In this department there are specialist physicians and dentists, trainee dentists, anesthetist technicians, nurses and assistants. Oral, Dental and Maxillofacial Surgery; It is a medical area that performs medical and surgical treatment of aesthetic, functional and phonetic problems caused by infectious, traumatic and all kinds of pathological causes of congenital and acquired (acquired) diseases of soft and hard tissues in the mouth, jaw and face regions.
What problems does Oral, Dental and Maxillofacial Surgery deal with?
• Shooting of buried, complicated or driven teeth,
• Medical and surgical treatment of all infections of the mouth, jaw and face
• Surgical treatment of cystic and tumoral formations in the jaws
• Treatment of soft tissue diseases of the oral region
• Medical and surgical treatment of salivary gland diseases
• Maxillary sinus pathologies and treatments of teeth and jaws
• Surgical correction of deformities that cause esthetic and functional disorders in the mouth, jaw and face area (Orthognatic surgery)
• Dental implant applicationsSurgical correction of hard tissue and soft tissue deficiencies for dental implant applications